You may want to talk with several dentists before making a decision. You and your dentist are partners in maintaining your oral health. Take time to ask questions and take notes if that will help you remember your dentist’s advice. When you visit the dental office, consider these points:
- Are the reception and waiting areas attractive and welcoming?
- Is the office staff friendly, polite and helpful?
- Did a member of the dental team take your medical and dental history?
- Did the dental team use proper “universal precautions” such as gloves and masks?
- Did they sterilize instruments and disinfect work areas between patients?
- Did the dentist or other dental team member discuss preventive techniques to avoid dental problems?
- Is information provided about fees and payment plans before treatment is scheduled?