The Hawaii Dental Association offers this FIND-A-DENTIST search process to help you locate a dentist. You may use this process to quickly access information about Hawaii Dental Association member dentists.
Over 990 dentists in Hawaii are members of the Hawaii Dental Association. That’s over 92% percent of all dentists practicing in Hawaii. This process allows you to locate an Hawaii Dental Association member dentist and will give you his or her office address, office telephone number, type of practice and more. This listing service is provided by the American Dental Association and lists all Hawaii Dental Association members as well as dentists from around the nation.
You may use the FIND-A-DENTIST search service to quickly access information about Hawaii Dental Association-member dentists. However, this service should not be used exclusively for a referral.
Neither this service nor the Hawaii Dental Association is able to provide you with information about any specific procedures (such as using lasers, treating bad breath, etc.) that dentists may offer in their dental practices. The Hawaii Dental Association also is not dentistry’s regulatory agency so we do not maintain records concerning any disciplinary actions.
If you would like more information about a particular Hawaii Dental Association member dentist, please contact the dentist’s office and ask for information about the dentist. In addition to using Find-a-Dentist, here are other ways to help you locate a dentist: Ask your family physician, family members, friends, neighbors or co-workers for a recommendation.
If you are moving to Hawaii or to a new area within Hawaii, ask your current dentist for a recommendation.
Tips for Choosing a Dentist
You may want to talk with several dentists before making a decision. You and your dentist are partners in maintaining your oral health. Take time to ask questions and take notes if that will help you remember your dentist’s advice. When you visit the dental office, consider these points:
- Are the reception and waiting areas attractive and welcoming?
- Is the office staff friendly, polite and helpful?
- Did a member of the dental team take your medical and dental history?
- Did the dental team use proper “universal precautions” such as gloves and masks?
- Did they sterilize instruments and disinfect work areas between patients?
- Did the dentist or other dental team member discuss preventive techniques to avoid dental problems?
- Is information provided about fees and payment plans before treatment is scheduled?